I love conferences.
I don’t always learn a lot (in my experience, speakers at technology conferences often pitch their material at an introductory level, e.g. ‘what is social media’). However, they are great places for inspiration, and as I sit and listen and then browse the exhibition halls, my mind buzzes with even more ideas than usual!
I’ve compiled a list of conferences (most in the U.S., unless stated otherwise) that are:
- helpful to those of us with a communications/technology interest,
- have speakers that I greatly admire, and/or
- look otherwise interesting.
I’d love to see more of these type of conferences taking place in Australia. However, if you can’t physically attend these conferences, many of the talks and resources become available online shortly after the conferences finish. I’m really thankful for the generosity of these ministries in making these resources available.
If you’re aware of others, please share them via the comments section below.
- 17 February, 2-4 March, 11-13 May and 5-7 October.
- Here’s a great talk by Francis Chan from Catalyst East 2010 – we’re called to a radical life.
- 9-10 March in Sydney.
- Not a Christian conference, but great to hear what’s happening in the digital world.
- The keynotes and exhibition are free.
- 9-13 March.
- 24-26 March.
- 28-30 March.
- 12-14 April.
- Topic: Preaching Jesus and the Gospel from the Old Testament.
- 26-29 April.
- A conference for church planters.
- 27-29 April.
- Discussing the church’s role in the biggest issues facing society.
- 4-5 May.
- “If you are creative, strategic, and responsible for influencing how your church or organization communicates, there is a chair waiting for you.”
- 5-6 May.
- Not a Christian conference, but focuses on turning ideas into reality.
- 28-31 May.
- Topic: How does Christ transform the way I look at the world?
- 5-8 July (Sydney, Australia).
- The ‘Creative Worship‘ stream looks like it has some sessions relevant to church communications.
- 27-29 July.
- “A three-day gathering of creative church leaders who are passionate about digital media and the gospel.”
- 29-31 August.
- John Piper and John Lennox at Katoomba, NSW.
- 8 September.
- 8-10 November.