When was the last time you reviewed your church or ministry’s Facebook page?
This morning I was drafting an email to promote an upcoming conference. At the end of the email I added a link to the conference’s Facebook page to encourage recipients to get updates on Facebook.
But then I discovered that the page clearly hadn’t been reviewed for some time. Information was missing or out of date, tabs were broken, and settings were off that should be on, and other settings on that should be off!
I oversee about 10 different Facebook pages. To help me (and now also you!) I’ve created a 37-point checklist to review and improve these pages.
- Is the profile picture current?
- Is the cover photo/video sized and positioned correctly (for desktop and mobile)?
- Does the call-to-action button need to be changed?
- Do any changes to the page roles need to be made?
- Has a ‘hero post’ been created and pinned to the top of the page?
- Have the ‘featured likes’ been specified?
You can save it and use it as many times as you like to review your Facebook page/s.
How to Use the Facebook Page Review Checklist
To use this template, you’ll first need to save a copy of it in Google Drive. It’s very easy:
- Open the template.
- In the menu, click ‘File’, then ‘Make a copy…’.
- Type a name and choose where to save it.
- Click ‘Ok’.
You’re now ready to start reviewing!