What is it?
Pinboard is a tool to easily save links you discover online and want to return to later.
How does it help you?
It’s very easy to get distracted online. You click on one link, which leads to another, and then another, and then an hour has passed and you’ve got very little to show for it.
You need a system for saving these links so you can return to them at a more convenient time.
This is the purpose of Pinboard.
With Pinboard, you can quickly and easily save links (on your computer or iOS device) and then explore them when the time is right.
Apart from the links I come across during the day, I also use Pinboard to:
- Save articles that might be useful for the ‘REFUEL’ newsletter for Christian men.
- Save articles related to articles I’m working on (or would like to work on).
- Save articles I really enjoyed reading and don’t want to lose.
- Save present ideas for friends and family.
- Save resources (e.g. plugins and themes for WordPress)
The Pinboard website won’t win any design awards, but it has been very well thought out with a comprehensive ‘how to’ guide.
Pinboard has a number of useful apps and extensions. I use:
- The Pinboard Chrome extension.
- Spillo (for accessing my links on my Mac).
- Pinner (for accessing my links on iOS).
What does it cost?
Pinboard costs $11 year, or less if you pay for more upfront. This is a very reasonable price for a reliable and useful service.
Image credit: Spillo.