Thanks for visiting. I'm Steven Kryger, the founder of Communicate Jesus.
Prior to this, I was the Executive Pastor at Church by the Bridge. I have also worked as a social media strategist at Switched On Media, and as an online marketing manager.
For 3 years I wrote a weekly technology column for Sydney Anglicans, and was interviewed about all things social media and technology in a regular segment on Hope 103.2.
Each week I write about digital marketing and productivity at Medium. You might like to check out
- 14 systems you need to stay focussed, organised and productive in 2018.
- A 30-point comparison of 35 email marketing tools.
- Don't lose subscribers with a standard ‘unsubscribe' link.
- 13 Chrome extension I use as a digital marketer.
The Story of Communicate Jesus
I started Communicate Jesus in 2009. As an online marketing manager, I had become aware of the incredible opportunities of the internet and started to explore how these could be used for Christian ministry.
I began to research and experiment with the best practice techniques for website development, social media, outreach, communication, strategy and more. What I learned and could be valuable for the church, I shared on Communicate Jesus.
The world continues to change, but the good news of Jesus remains just as good as ever. Communicate Jesus continues today, to serve the church as we make much of Christ.
Some of my favourite posts include:
- Does ‘gentle' describe your disagreements online?
- Why I removed extremely effective pop-ups from my website
- What happened when I emailed 100 Australian churches
- 10 ways churches can use Asana to get things done
- 20 ways your church website can serve unchurched people (with examples)
- The ultimate list of Christmas videos for church services
- The number 1 audience for a church website
- 10 reasons why my church selected Elvanto as our church member database